Searching outside the library
In many cases you will be looking for scholarly Information, academic and peer reviewed sources - but there will be times you will find other sources valuable to your research, networking and collaboration.
The following suggestions are expanded in FYI: Resources for Education (USQ Log-in Required)
- Web Sites & Pages
- Government Authorities,
- Regulations & Standards
- Professional Associations
- Social Media & Networking
- Open Educational Resources
- Free Library Resources World-wide
Google Scholar is also very useful for 2 reasons.
- you may be able to access the full text of papers not available through our library. Google scholar indexes and links to these from multiple websites including other university sites.
- to check whether your literature review has been comprehensive. Google scholar is a great last step in your research to ensure that you are not missing huge gaps in the literature.
Take care if you use this to start your research. Google scholar does not allow for as much advanced searching or filtering of results, meaning that you may have trouble refining your search sufficiently to limit results.