Reflective Practice is useful for all students and in all professions, as it enhances confidence and competence. It allows you to grow and improve.
There are a wide variety of ways that you can enhance your reflective practice. Consider trialling several of the strategies below so that you can find the one that suits you.
- This link will take you to good general information on when and how to reflect.
- Use this clip as a great general guide to reflective writing.
- Journaling has become very popular. Reflective journals allow you to analyse your personal experiences.
- Gibbs’ Reflective Cycle allows you to reflect on events and the emotions that surround them.
- The Johari window allows you to reflect on communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Most frequently used in coaching, the Grow model allows you to use reflection in order to guide decision making and future action.