Announcements

Graduate Town Planner Vacancy - Forbes NSW

Graduate Town Planner Vacancy - Forbes NSW

by Paula Grant -
Number of replies: 0

Forbes Shire Council has begun advertising for a Graduate Town Planner role and I am writing to ask if you’d be willing to share this opportunity with your Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning students.

This role is a two year contract with the option to transition into a qualified Town Planner role. We envision that by 12 months in this position the successful applicant will be leading strategic planning projects and development assessment to a high level. We receive Development Applications from all types of developments from small residential development all the way up to major regional level commercial and industrial facilities. In the next two years Council will also be completing a Housing Strategy and Employment Land Strategy, which the successful applicant will play a key role in. The successful applicant will not be pigeon holed into a specialty at Forbes, and will instead work on and lead a wide range of projects across the Planning discipline making this an amazing career opportunity for Southern Queensland University students.

Forbes is growing quickly, with major projects and a proactive community. We are looking for the right person to fit into our close knit team of professionals and as such I’m hoping you would be willing to share this role with your students.

Council will assist with relocation costs. If your students have any questions they are welcome to contact me at any time.

You can view the ad here: https://forbesshirecouncil.elmotalent.com.au/careers/external/job/view/172