Success in Maths at USQ
Success in Maths for Paramedicine
To support students enrolled in paramedicine studies, The Library provides a range of activities to assist with mathematics skills.
Quick Videos to refresh your Maths skills
Calculating with negative numbers (print handout)
This 6 minute video covers how to calculate with negative numbers.
Order of operations (print handout)
This 6 minute video covers the importance of the order of operations with examples.
Fractions (print handout)
This 16 minute video covers:
- Equivalent fractions
- Mixed numbers and improper fractions
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions
Single Digit Long Division (print handout)
This 4 minute video shows full working for doing long division by hand.
Fraction in other forms (print handout)
This 11 minute video covers:
- the link between fractions and decimals
- converting between fractions and decimals
Metric conversions for weight (print handout)
This 6 minute video covers how to use use metric conversions for weight, specifically for health students.
Algebraic relationships (print handout)
This 9 minute video introduces:
- translating from words to symbols (relationships)
- variables and expressions
- collecting like terms
You can also have a look at our general Mathematics QuickTips. There are also some Health specific QuickTips also:
- Medical calculations
- IV calculations
- Unit conversions for Health students
- Rounding numbers
- Order of operations
- Percentages (increasing and decreasing)
- Scientific notation
You can also get help Mastering your calculator – free, easy to follow online booklets on a range of scientific calculators.