Print Materials to assist with any pre-requisite mathematics required in USQ courses. These materials are based on USQ's Tertiary Preparation Program. Mathematics modules are presented in increasing level of difficulty and complexity from Level A through to Level D.
Dealing with data (Level A)
- Collecting data
- Organising and displaying data from tables
- Organising and displaying raw data (including: frequency distribution tables and grouped frequency distribution tables, frequency histograms, and stem-and-leaf plots)
- Analysing data (including: measuring the centre and spread of data)
- Data with two variables.
Statistics and probability (Level B)
- Collecting data (including: how data are displayed and exploring single variable data sets)
- Take your chances – probability (including: experimental probabilities, theoretical probabilities, and probability in practice)
- Describing single data sets (including: the centre and spread of a data set)
- Describing bivariate data sets
You can also get assistance with Statistics by having a look at the Success in Maths for Statistics program.
You can also get help Mastering your calculator – free, easy to follow online booklets on a range of scientific calculators.