Success in Maths at UniSQ
Success in Maths for Paramedicine
To support students enrolled in paramedicine studies, The Library provides a range of activities to assist with mathematics skills.
Quick Videos to refresh your Maths skills
Calculating with negative numbers (print handout)
This 10 minute video covers how to calculate with negative numbers.
Order of operations (print handout)
This 7 minute video covers the importance of the order of operations with examples.
Fractions (print handout)
This 16 minute video covers:
- Equivalent fractions
- Mixed numbers and improper fractions
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions
Single Digit Long Division (print handout)
This 4 minute video shows full working for doing long division by hand.
Fraction in other forms (print handout)
This 11 minute video covers:
- the link between fractions and decimals
- converting between fractions and decimals
Metric conversions for weight (print handout)
This 6 minute video covers how to use use metric conversions for weight, specifically for health students.
Algebraic relationships (print handout)
This 9 minute video introduces:
- translating from words to symbols (relationships)
- variables and expressions
- collecting like terms
You can also have a look at our general Mathematics QuickTips. There are also some Health specific QuickTips also:
- Medical calculations
- IV calculations
- Unit conversions for Health students
- Medical calculations - by weight
- Rounding numbers
- Order of operations
- Percentages (increasing and decreasing)
- Scientific notation
- Mathematical Communication
- Technical Communication - Tables and Figures
- Using Microsoft Word to type Mathematics
You can also get help Mastering your calculator – free, easy to follow online booklets on a range of scientific calculators.