Course: Assumed knowledge (Mathematics Skills), Section: Arithmetic and Pre-Algebra
This section includes resources to help to develop your skills with arithmetic.
Calculating with negative numbers (printable handout)
This 10 minute video covers how to calculate with negative numbers.
Order of Operations (printable handout)
This 7 minute video covers the importance of the order of operations with examples.
Fractions (printable handout)
This 16 minute video covers:
- Equivalent fractions
- Mixed number and improper fractions
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Decimals: Fractions in other forms (printable handout)
This 11 minute video covers:
- the link between fractions and decimals
- converting between fractions and decimals
- percentages, including percentage increase and decrease